Thursday, March 5, 2009

blog #5

`Quote #1 it's the apartment" said by Elli pg 173

this is important because it gives Elli a new home for her and her mom. This means more space and a cleaner house. Then this and show what Elli needed when she came to America but now she has it. My connection is when i got my PS2 when i was younger. It brought me in to gaming and now i can see what other game systems their are as like Elli other houses.

Question #1 have you got anything that you still have and changed your life.

Quote#2 " that reminds me don't let me forget to get a broom on our way home." said by Elli pg 179
this is important because this shows they are trying to keep their home clean and not destroy it early. This is a Quote that shows they are changing their ways and getting more to help them live life. connection i have got lots of things that i didn't need in life like video games so this can help me past time but sometimes I buy things for scouts or school so it can help me in the future.
Question #2 have you ever bought something that you needed to show off or to past time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quote #1: You're right that quote was important because it was showing how the Freidmans were getting their own home and it was going to be their first in America. This was a once in lifetime opportunity.

Question #1: I have bought my first beanie baby and now I collect them and it is cool because I get to see all of the different animals there are.

Quote #2: I like the way you described why it was important becuase it showed the different reasons. One being that they needed to keep their house clean before it was destroyed.

Question #2: I have also gone out and needed to buy a broom because my mom wanted me to keep the house clean.

kat said...

Quote #1: I agree that his quote was important, because in a way Elli and her mother are starting a new life in America by finally being off on their own. I think that your connection is much like what Elli was experiencing, but in a more modern way.

Question #1: I cannot exactly answer the question, but I have seen and bought many things that have soon made me interested in something. For example I relieved a toy horse, and that got me interested in horses and horseback riding, which I still do regularly now.

Quote #2: I think that you really understood this quote and why it was important to their new home. I believe that Elli's new home will teach her many responsibilities such as cleaning. I do not think that Elli will let the house get dirty or destroyed though.

Question #2: I have bought something just to pass time before. The only thing though, is that I usually do not use them which is kinda missing the point of buying something to pass time.
-Katherine