Saturday, May 9, 2009

Journal #2- Chapters 4-7 from the perspective of Dill

When I first got off the train at Maycomb junction my aunt Rachel was there with a cab. Then the cab took us to Aunt Rachel's house I saw scout and Jem they looked like they were waiting for me but I didn't know. Then when I got out of the car they came over and I said I rode the train by myself and my dad was the president of the L&N railroad.
Then we talked about what we wanted to play but I didn't want to play anything they said until scout wanted to roll in a tire. Then Jem argued because he couldn't fit in the tire but scout said you can push so scout started off and then the tire and she fell in the Radley's front yard.So then Calpurnia called out lemonade and we went over and drank 2-3 glasses and Jem said I got a new game. The game was to play Boo Radley. So we played it everyday but one day we were so in to it they we didn't see Atticus and he called us over and asked us what we were playing and Jem said nothing until Atticus left. We knew he could hear us so we stopped playing.

My last night in Maycomb county i was with my aunt at her fish pool. Before i leave i wanted to see Boo Radley so me and Jem were going to the window that was kind of open. so we went underneath the wired fence and a creak came from it so we spit on it and went up to the window but i didn't See anything so i said back window but both of then said no but we went any way so we crawled to the window and saw a man's shadow that had a hat on. but then we went running away when we heard a gunshot and me and scout looked back and Jem wasn't there so we went back to find him caught in the fence. then when he got out we went running to the school oak tree the to deer's pasture and then climbed the back fence to Jem's house and were finally safe.

Then the day was over and I left for home.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Just like last blog post, I liked that you had the events very accurate to the story. I also liked your way of writing because I did not only see from Dill's perspective, even though it was from his thoughts on the events, but the people aroung him. Your writing is the way I pictured Dill's thoughts to be because he thinks of Jem as a good friend. But he also thinks highly of himself.

Grace said...

I like how you take things from Jem and Scout's perspective and moments from their side of the story and make it from Dill's side. Even though Dill is a main character you don't really get to know him very well sense he only comes in the Summer- and I think you illustrated his view of life well. I like how you caught the suspense of the kids running from the Radley house. Good job.
-Grace