Tuesday, May 19, 2009

journal #5- Chapters 13-15 from the perspective of Cal

when me Jem and scout got back from church Ms. Alexandra was there but she was not kind to me the first thing she said was get my bags cal so i did even thought it was rude. Even thought she was rude Jem came and helped me carry her bags i felt so relived. Then see yelled at scout not to do this that for the next couple of hours. Then the next day I heard Atticus and Alexandra yelling at each other about me i was worried so i started to listen Alexandra was saying they didn't need me but then Atticus should I'm family and they needed more then even, i was so happy i felt like no one could make me feel bad for today. When night came scout said their was something under the bed so i went got a broom she came back and said it was a snake so when i got to the room i sweeped the floor under the bed and their was nothing so i went deeper under the bed and something grunted to it came out and it was dill he looked really hungry so i went and got food for him and i came back with a piece of bread and left then i got Atticus and i brought him to scouts room and they had a talk after i left to go home and i came back that morning and it looks like after i left a lot of people came to see Atticus so when i talked more about it i learned it was about Tom Robinson so he had to leave to go help him in front of the jail house. Then it looked like a fight was going on but Atticus said something then the crowed went and left in thier cars and i talked to Atticus and it look like he was protecting tom Robinson.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I like how you showed her emotions when Aunt Alexandra wanted to get rid of her but Atticus refused. I like how you said she thought it was rude of Aunt Alexandra. In the book it doesn't show Cal's emotions because she's probably had to put up with people like her before, but here you did.

Camille said...

I think that you did a good job with understanding the vocabulary. I like that since Calpurnia is not a main character I got to hear more of her thoughts through your details. One example of this is when Aunt Alexandra comes to live with the family. Good job on making me visualize the scenerio