Friday, May 22, 2009

journal #6 16-19 prestive of Tom robinson

I take my sit and then Mr atticus called up Mr Heck Tate to the stand. Then the prosecutor was asking him questions but i didn't really understand most of them like why did it matter if she washed here face in a bucket then other questions just i didn't understand what was said. then some yes and questions went by for a while. Then they talked about did they call a doctor and why not it was one thing that was mentioned a lot in the time heck Tate was up at the stand. then atticus was asking what was the injures and when everything that was said made me feel even worse then i already did for her.But he injures hurt me by hearing everything that was said i felt like i felt what happen to her happen to me. When that was all over the damage i felt, every thing that I barely understands.Then Mr. Ewell went up on the stand and talked I think that he was disrespecting Mr atticus but i don't think that Mr. Ewell even understands what Mr atticus was saying but his answers were really rube i think. then Mr atticus was asking him about if he could read or write but he keeped saying yes then Mr atticus said can you show us then he got a piece of paper and a pen and wrote his name left handed. then they had a short talk about that for a while then he was excused then miss mayella went on the stand and see looked really angry at atticus it was really weird then she yelled at him saying her father wasn't a bad man he just wrote left handed i thought she thought Mr atticus was say her father was a bad man because he was left handed then she yelled at him because he called her miss Mayella I thought she was going to cry for a long time with all the tears that dropped it looked like she made a river out of all of it. I think she prejudice atticus way to soon. I think everything that she said was irrelevant to what we were doing about the case. I think she was thinking she was stealthy or something by crying she could get away with what happen. I had a predicament Mayella was going to say i raped her and beat her and that she won't tell what really happen so after ever thing was said i was told to stand up by Mr Atticus. to show everyone i was crippled in my left arm. After everyone saw i was crippled i was asked to the stand to tell my story and when i was told to rise my left arm for the oath i had trouble so the judge said good enough. then i gave my oath and took my sit. then i told my story how Mayella has asked me many times to help her and then on Nov 21 i was asked to help her with her door but i didn't see anything wrong with it then she said a screw driver was on the ledge so i stood on a chair and got on top then she grabbed me an- and Then Mr Atticus interrupted then said i was under oath then i finished then said she kissed me. then everyone in the court room wasn't quiet for while. then i started again then said when she stopped kissing me i freaked out and i say her dad he sayed he gonna kill her suh i then i went running didn't look back. That's all suh. Then Mr Gilmer's went up to question me. He talked to me bad but I'm ok it's not the first so he questioned me then i said i felt bad for her then everyone went crazy. i tried to fix what i said but it was too late to fix. so then i see this white boy crying terrible i heard it from the balcony's but he went down and out and a recess happened once the questioning was over.

2 comments:

Grace said...

I like the perspective of his story because it really showed how he felt. I liked how you showed that he didn't know a lot of the things that were going on. I like how you showed even that he noticed someone crying because it lets us see that he saw something that was happening to Scout.

Camille said...

I liked your use of detail in your writing. I felt that you really brought out Tom Robinsons character. His thoughts in your writing told us more about how he felt and more details on the facts in the case. Good job writing with only a few grammar mistakes.